Monday, May 30, 2011

"Xhosa men are...?"


There was a trending topic (TT) on twitter last night which I think was started by Claire Mawisa (@clairemawisa) and it was "Xhosa men are..?" in which people were meant to fill in the gaps about what they thought about Xhosa men.



This comes at a really convenient time for me because I recently got into a fight with a Xhosa guy and my automatic reaction to his ultra ‘douchey’ behaviour was "Oh ya, he's Xhosa". Also, I told my friend that I was attracted to a Xhosa guy and she wanted to shake the crush out of me without even meeting him. What is it about the whole cultural group that can make the skin of so many women crawl on just hearing about them?



Many people I've spoken to always run with the "when they come back from the mountain, everything changes" argument. Some people believe that they get taught that women are beneath them and that cheating and hitting are completely acceptable during the initiation process.



The Xhosa guys I know are actually really cool guys but I must say, I really don’t think I’m interesting in taking one of them home. They do have warped views on fidelity and respect in general. My friend dated a really rubbish example of a human being who really treated her like rubbish in the purest way… He cheated on her like his sperm would save the world and even on more than one occasion, hit her. This might have very little to do with the fact that he’s Xhosa (like many other examples) but it is rather interesting that most girls (even Xhosa ones) always advise to stay as far away from Xhosa men, romantically, as is possible.



I would love to hear from Xhosa guys as to what they think the reason for this generalisation is… And from people who support or detest Xhosa men for whatever reason. Please comment on the blog or hit me up on twitter (@DameLesego) to let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I've dated four xhosa guys and I don't believe all of them are bad. The first xhosa guy I dated worshiped the ground I walked on unfortunately I wasn't feeling him. The second one was aggressive and stingy when coming to money, third guy was sweet, a darling and the fourth one, lets just say he willbe the reason I never date a xhosa guy again. His arrogant, rude and to top it off stingy with money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this thing of you complaining about not getting money from males? Get your own girl

    ReplyDelete